With this program you can convert NWC text files to Musicxml files and vice versa.
The first time tou run this program, you'll see the options window. (Press the appropriate button on the right side
to see detailed information). When you click 'OK', your choices will be saved.
On the main window you see a row of action buttons, a loggings frame and a warnings frame.
In the loggings frame the stages of the processing are shown, the warnings frame is used for reporting situations
that demand your attention.
Depending on the progress of the processing, each button will be enabled or disabled.
- The input file must be a either a NWC text file (extension '.nwctxt') or a musicxml file (extensions: '.musicxml',
'.xml' or '.mxl'. Files with extension .mxl are compressed files; they will automatically be unpacked in a .xml file.
- A musicxml file is converted into a '.nwctxt' file.
- A nwc file is converted into a '.musicxml' or '.xml' file (according to the options).
The input file is analyzed and a setup window is displayed. The setup window consists of 2 tabs: a titlepage tab and
a staves/parts or part/staves tab. They differ according to the direction of the conversion.
Press the appropriate button on the right side to show detailed explanation.
After pressing 'CONVERT' on the setup window, the conversion process is started. Press the appropriate button to show
detailed information concerning the conversion for each direction.
When the conversion is completed, you can save or 'save as...' the output file. The file name is determined as follows:
- the dot of the extension is turned into a dash:
- the extension is added:
° '.nwctxt' for the Musicxml -> NWC conversion,
° the extension from the options for the NWC to Musicxml conversion.
Next you can directly open that file without leaving the program, via the button 'OPEN the converted file'.
The file will be opened within the program you specified in the options.
- If you encounter any issue, you can add a comment at https://www.opagust.be/?q=content/nwcconvertor or report it in
the User Tools subforum https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?board=7.0.
THE DOWNLOAD LINK IS ONLY VISIBLE WHEN YOU ARE LOGGED IN.
07/02/2022: version 1.0
10/02/2022: 1.0.1: bugfixes
- Interception FileNotFoundError when looking for register entries
- Recalculation of measure length for voice numbers > 1
16/02/2022: 1.0.2: Bugfixes:
- Clef, time and key were duplicated in further staves. - Correction test for inserting invisible rests.
- Handling of quotes in text fields. - Interception of missing 'volume' in midi-instrument-tag.
- Correction of processing last bar line of a staff.
- Connection of bar lines: always create group-barline tag, with 'yes' or 'no' as value.
- Correction in the processing of fields concerning 'open output with' in the option window.
- Adding in the musicxml file to suppress automatic beaming in Musescore.
- Bug fix in processing after unchecking a part in the setup window of xml to nwc conversion.
- Adding a checkbox 'Convert custom velocities for dynamics' in the option window.
- Converting user object 'BarLabel.ms' as text'.
- When the nwc score has the option BarLabels set to 'All Systems', and a staff has no abbreviation set.
the bar label will be used as abbreviation.
- Dealing with (invisible) tab characters in lyrics.
- Correcting a typo.
- Adding code for processing time-modification/normal-type and normal-dots.
- Correcting processing of wedges in parts with different voices.
bug fix for staff where first voice number > '1'
- admitting comment line(s) before DOCTYPE line.
- admitting spaces around the = sign for an attribute
- modifications to deal with multiple files in a compressed mxl file
- coping with missing time signatures
- fill completely empty measures with measure rest
- processing lyrics for voice numbers > '1'
- bug fix: the apply button in setup frame, parts/staves tab caused a fatal error